Teacher in Charge: Mr J. Warren
WHAT THE COURSE WILL COVER:
Year 10 ACE is an interesting look into the life of the consumer. It covers the following topics.
• What is the average income in NZ and what the average household spends this income on
• Preparing an advanced budget
• Calculating the cost of a trip to the Surfers Paradise in Australia v a trip to Auckland NZ.
• Recording transactions using Accounting methods
• The environmental costs of buying goods like bottled water
METHODS OF LEARNING:
Students develop their own class currency $$$. They will then be paid for attending class and completing book work and class work. Students can use this class currency to buy gold, oil and shares in a virtual market place using real world prices. At the end of the course students can spend their profits in a giant food auction.
WHERE DOES THE SUBJECT LEAD?
Year 11 Accounting and Year 11 Economics.
Students have the chance to earn 7 level one NCEA achievement standard credits in this course.
Accounting & Economics class auction contribution - $1