SPORT PERFORMANCE and LEADERSHIP 22S - Semester 1
Teacher in Charge: Mr P. Peawini
This Sport Performance and Leadership semester covers theory and practical standards relating to:
1. Group Processes - reflect on interactions and roles of the group; explain ways of communicating, working together, achieving cohesion, resolving conflict and making decisions through a context of Adventure Based Learning activities.
2. Weight Training techniques - demonstrate resistance training exercises safely.
3. Social-responsibility in physical activity - demonstrate positive attitudes and values while participating in physical activity, reflect, help and support others through leadership.
Assessment is a mix of Achievement Standards and Unit Standards and all are internally assessed.
Students who complete this course can move into tertiary study at New Zealand Institute of Sport or Ara Institute of Canterbury and careers within the sport, recreation and fitness industry. These could include but are not limited to fitness instruction, personal trainer, gym instruction, after school and holiday programs, coaching and Armed Services.
Recommended Prior Learning
• Reasonable attainment of Level 1 NCEA credits is recommended.
• Taking PED11F is an advantage but not essential.
• Involved in school or club sport is an advantage.
• Commitment to the demands of this course inside and outside of school hours.
Total Credits Available: 8 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 8 credits.