This course requires 2 options.
HEALTH EDUCATION 11F - Full Year
Teacher in Charge: Ms L. Starr
This course continues to expand on the main concepts of Health Education studied in Year 10. It covers six major issues:
1. Personal well-being – Students will improve an aspect of their life by planning, implementing, and evaluating a SMART goal.
2. Nutrition – Look at how personal and outside influences can determine the foods a teenager may choose to eat and the impact those foods may have on their health.
3. Change, Loss and Grief – The influence a change in someone’s life can have on their feelings and the way they react in different situations.
4. Interpersonal Relationships – How listening, communication and being assertive can help to resolve problems that can occur in a relationship.
5. Sexuality Education – Students will look at how community agencies can help teenagers who may have issues or questions around contraception, sexual orientation and unhealthy relationships.
6. Drug Education – The impact that the use of alcohol, tobacco and marijuana has on the user, those around them and the community.
NCEA Level 2 Health.
Recommended Prior Learning
Literacy skills essential.
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
Total Credits Available: 24 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 8 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 16 credits.