This course requires 2 options.
AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEERING 22F - Full Year
Teacher in Charge: Mr J. Hill
This is a full year pre-trade motor industry based programme.
The course is assessed by unit standards and covers:
• motor vehicle systems and components
• electrical units and batteries
• workshop equipment
• automotive trade structure
• Occupational Safety and Health (OSH)
This course is coordinated by Avon City Ford (Sockburn) and Papanui High School. The units are self-paced and require individual study.
It is expected that students will achieve between 18-24 unit standard credits during the course.
The standards listed below are a sample of those available and will give an idea of the variety offered within this course.
NB: There is no Automotive Engineering Level 3 course
Recommended Prior Learning
Students will be selected on the following criteria:
• ability to complete the course
• a proven record of attendance
• a genuine interest in the automotive industry
• an interview conducted by the Training Manager at Avon City Ford
Total Credits Available: 26 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 26 credits.