This course requires 2 options.
ART 11F - Full Year
Teacher in Charge: Mr M. Soltero
Year 11 Art is where students learn to develop their own ideas in Art.
Refer to the links below to see examples of student work.
• Students use a variety of artists’ techniques with teacher guidance and support.
• Students follow an individual approach to the media and ideas they explore – based on their own theme developed with teacher guidance and support.
• The course is designed around Painting and Printmaking with options for the inclusion of Illustration, Design, Photography and Sculpture.
• There are two optional Art History standards that count towards Level 1 literacy and reinforce the learning about artists the student is doing in class.
• Most students will undertake a course of 16 credits. The additional/optional 8 Art History credits can offer students further opportunities to demonstrate other knowledge and/or gain Merit or Excellence grades as well as the opportunity to gain Literacy credits.
Year 11 Art teaches students independent self-management skills as well as specific approaches to developing ideas and working with a large scale project while meeting deadlines. These skills are valuable in all Art courses at Years 12 and 13.
Entry into all Level 2 Art courses; Painting, Printmaking, Art Photography, Art Design, Art History, Art Sculpture. All Y12 Art courses can be taken as a full year or as a semester course.
Recommended Prior Learning
Successful completion of a Year 10 Art semester course is recommended. Those who have not completed a Year 10 Art course should consult with Mr Soltero.
Total Credits Available: 24 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 12 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 12 credits.