This course requires 2 options.
ART 11F - Full Year
Teacher in Charge: Mr M. Soltero
Year 11 Art is where you can learn to develop your own ideas in Art.
Refer to the links below to see examples of student work.
• Students use a variety of artists’ techniques with teacher guidance and support.
• Students follow an individual approach to the media and ideas they explore – based on their own theme developed with teacher guidance and support.
• The course is designed around Painting and Printmaking with options for the inclusion of Illustration, Design, Photography and Sculpture.
• There are two optional Art History standards that count towards Level 1 literacy and reinforce the learning you are doing in class about artists.
• Most students will undertake a course of 22 credits. The additional/optional 8 Art History credits can offer students further opportunities to demonstrate other knowledge and/or gain Merit or Excellence grades.
Entry into Level 2 Painting, Printmaking, Art Photography, Art Design, Art History, Art Sculpture. These courses can be taken as full year or as a semester course.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
• Art pack.
• Group resources.
• Photocopying and basic materials.
NB: Supplementary materials may be required during the year; the amount varies between students.
Recommended Prior Learning
Successful completion of a Year 10 Art semester course. Students who do not meet the pre-requisite must consult with Mr Soltero and may not be able to undertake the full course.
Total Credits Available: 30 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 12 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 18 credits.