This course requires 2 options.
PHYSICAL EDUCATION 11F - Full Year
Teacher in Charge: Miss M. Carson
This course offers students the opportunity to develop their Physical Education knowledge as it relates to self, interactions with others, movement and sport. There will be an opportunity to apply this knowledge in both the theoretical and practical settings through the following topics:
1. Self-Management Strategies - demonstrate how time management, perseverance, knowledge and feedback increase participation when developing surfing skills.
2. Circus Skill Learning - understand the role that knowledge and practice play when learning new skills.
3. The Role of the Body in Sport - develop an understanding of anatomy (muscle, bones and joints), physiology (how the body responds to and improves through exercise) and biomechanics (body movement) play a role in the performance of a chosen sport.
4. Interpersonal Skills - participate in Turbo Touch and demonstrate an understanding of how to interact positively and effectively with team members.
5. Practical Assessment - produce a quality performance in Circus and Turbo Touch.
Help Others Be Active - plan, deliver and reflect on a coaching session that supports other students being active.
All assessments are Achievement Standards and are internally assessed.
Students can continue their study in Physical Education, Sport Performance and Leadership or Outdoor Education at Level 2.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
$25.00 course workbook
$55.00 Surf trip.
Recommended Prior Learning
Total Credits Available: 18 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 18 credits.