This course requires 2 options.
MAORI PERFORMING ARTS 22F - Full Year
Teacher in Charge: Mr P. Peawini
Students will be able to –
• demonstrate knowledge of Tikanga and skills in performance
• demonstrate knowledge and skills of poi, mõteatea, waiata-a-ringa, haka, whakaroka and haka wahine
The unit standards listed below are indicative of the possible assessments which may run alongside this course. Students will be entered into standards that best reflect their individual learning needs and attainment.
• Māori performance – domestic and overseas
• Future tertiary course in Māori performing arts
• Level 3 Māori performing arts
Recommended Prior Learning
Level 1 Māori Performing Arts recommended
Total Credits Available: 28 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 28 credits.