This course requires 2 options.
BUSINESS STUDIES 21F - Full Year
Teacher in Charge: Mrs A. Gallop
The aim of this course is to develop the knowledge and skills to run a small business.
In this course students will:
1. investigate motivation theory
2. form small groups and set up their own business
3. come up with an idea for a product/service with a community focus
4. conduct market research to find out if their product/service idea will sell
5. use their own money to buy all the raw materials needed to make a product
6. sell a product/service to the market and keep any profit
The external achievement standard explores and provides solutions to critical problems that threaten a business.
Level 3 Business Studies which gives students the option to participate in the Young Enterprise Scheme
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Print credit must be maintained
Recommended Prior Learning
None, however in some cases a conversation with the Teacher in Charge may be appropriate.
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
Total Credits Available: 19 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 4 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 15 credits.