This course requires 2 options.
AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEERING 22F - Full Year
Teacher in Charge: Mr G. Case
This is a full year pre-trade motor industry based programme.
The course is assessed by unit standards and covers:
• Motor Vehicle Systems and Components
• Electrical units and batteries
• Workshop equipment
• Automotive trade structure
• Occupational Safety and Health (OSH)
This course is co-ordinated by Avon City Ford (Sockburn) and Papanui High School. The units are self-paced and require individual study. It is expected that students will achieve between 18-24 unit standard credits during the course. The standards listed below are a sample of those available and will give an idea of the variety offered within this course.
NB: There is no Automotive Engineering Level 3 course
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Recommended Prior Learning
Students will be selected on the following criteria:
• Ability to complete the course
• A proven record of attendance
• A genuine interest in the automotive industry
• An interview conducted by the Training Manager at Avon City Ford
Total Credits Available: 26 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 26 credits.