Year 10 Technology - Time Zone (Hard Materials) - Half Year
Teacher in Charge: Mr G. Case
WHAT THE COURSE WILL COVER:
This course continues to develop the technology skills developed in Year 9 Technology- Display It (Hard Materials). The course focuses on Time as a theme. Students will consider time in a number of different ways and develop practical outcomes from multi-materials.
METHODS OF LEARNING:
Students will engage in a variety of learning opportunities with a good balance between theory and practical work. Students will be encouraged to work with their peers in a cooperative manner developing skills in problem solving, higher-order thinking and personal reflection and evaluation. Independent learning will take place within assignments, allowing students to facilitate their own learning pathways. All students will be exposed to I.C.T.
The course aims to cover the following topics during the two terms:
- Investigate a problem and formulate designs that reflect an actual need
- Learn to use a range of tools and machines
- Successfully use a variety of materials including metal, plastic and wood
- Apply the knowledge and skills they have learnt to manufacture an item they designed.
- Develop safe working practices in a workshop environment
WHERE DOES THE SUBJECT LEAD?
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
A BYOD device is recommended for this course.
Time Zone contribution - $25.00
Recommended Prior Learning