This course requires 2 options.
Year 10 Construction - Full Year
Teacher in Charge: Mr G. Case
WHAT THE COURSE WILL COVER:
This is a comprehensive full year practical workshop course that aims to build on the Year 9 Construction course. Students will produce quality projects using a range of materials. There is an emphasis on high quality hand skills and finish on the products created.
Materials may include but are not limited to:
The course aims to cover the following topics during the year:
- Workshop safety
- Correct use of tools and equipment
- Selecting and using different materials to make projects
- Following a plan of action and working drawings
- Working within a set time frame to produce a project
- Some elements of design are covered
- Evaluating the outcome of the product, construction techniques and own skills/performance
WHERE DOES THE SUBJECT LEAD?
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
A BYOD device is recommended for this course.
Construction contribution - $40.00 (large projects may incur extra costs).
Recommended Prior Learning